Buying iphone housings online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bioxed, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Bioxed macrumors newbie

Bioxed

Any experience? Do you think they are as good as the real ones?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think it would depend on the seller and what he is selling. There are some good non-OEM parts out there and there are some that are very bad. At least pick a dealer who has higher feedback and cross your fingers.

3. Bioxed thread starter macrumors newbie

Bioxed

Thanks for the reply. They all have high ratings! Maybe if you want I can shoot you some links and you can inspect them? :)

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to make choices by looking at the auctions. I have also never opened up my iPhone.

Just deal with a reputable dealer and read ALL the fine print in the auction. Make sure they accept returns if it does not work and be prepared to file a case with eBay.

5. Bioxed thread starter macrumors newbie

Bioxed

Ok,well the comments seem fake and all I care about is it being like the real one,aluminium and not have a plastic feel to it.
    Thanks!

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Might also want to try looking at the local repair shops. They carry these sometimes and you would be able to look before you bought it. Good Luck

7. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

If you're looking for spare iPhone parts like the originals, I would look around for the "for parts only" listings on eBay. They would be a bit more expensive than some of the custom cases, but at least you'll (hopefully) know that they are original parts.

Be careful with Touch ID replacements if you're thinking of switching it as part of your case mod. If the iPhone sees the sensor as a different part from what it was programmed to use (serial number etc), the iPhone will be bricked on the next restore or update. You can look up error 53 for more information. Some people claim that it can be fixed through this process: , but I haven't tried it myself.