Carrier Buying iPhone in full keep verizon plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STC1709, Sep 14, 2016.

1. STC1709 macrumors 6502

I have a question regarding keeping your plan.

I have verizon and i'm still on the nationwide talk and text plan with 6gb of data and my monthly bill is $66. I DO NOT want to lose this plan. I've had it since the iphone 4 (converted unlimited to 6gb when i got the iphone 6)

For this year i just want to buy the iphone 7 outright and pay the 649. However there is no option from apple to just it unlocked. I select the verizon model and it asks me for my cell number and acct info so that the phone will sync to it. I do not want to do that, i just want to buy the phone and swap the sim cards. Last time i did this for the iphone 5 the retards at verizon screwed me over with my monthly plan and the bill went to $97 (even tho i paid full price) i had to go like hell to get them to give me back what i had, like 2 weeks.

What happened was as soon as i activated the phone by plugging it into itunes my plan immediately changed to the default. What happened with the 6 2 years ago was the lady actually processed everything for me and it went through ok so i got the phone for 199 and kept my current plan.

Now there is no more 199 and even if there was ill probably lose the plan i have.

thanks in advance guys

2. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Walk into an Apple Store, ask to buy the phone outright. They'll sell it to you, and you can pop your SIM card in.

3. terps2005 macrumors member

Thats what I was told by Apple chat as well...They said I can go in on launch day and pay full price without giving the account details. I'm on a business account and don't have the login info so I need to pay in full at the store as well.

4. STC1709 thread starter macrumors 6502

So i guess its just something you cant do for the pre-order then right?

So swapping the sim will also bypass you from paying the $20 activation price as well as keeping all plans the same?

5. DaveOP macrumors 65816

That I am not as sure about, but I would think you could avoid fees. In-store stock is obviously another issue entirely.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I recall, Verizon still offers contracts and contract pricing to already existing users, you might want to check into that some more as that would be the best path for you as far as also not costing as much as a full priced phone.

7. fjd726 macrumors regular

I preordered online and still have my unlimited data plan through Verizon. When you buy full price, your contract does not change. Also says no commitment under contract details on the Apple order page.

8. newellj macrumors 601

Unless things have changed recently, exactly this. ^^^ I have done that a couple of times.