Buying iPhone in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zumii, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Zumii macrumors newbie

So apparently Apple will be selling them without sim-lock and contract in the UK and France. I live in Belgium and now I was wondering if I could order my iPhone in the UK or French Apple store? Basicly, will Apple ship them abroad or not?

Cheers!

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

3. shandyman Suspended

so, i could order one in the uk, take it to america for my mate and she can put any mirco-sim she can get in the US and it should work fine?

4. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

if its a gsm/3g carrier then it should be ok if someone can confirm if t-mobiles 3g band works on it.

5. Xenc macrumors 65816

Xenc

Yes, but only if you purchase an unlocked iPhone from Apple (ie. without a contract).

If you buy a subsidised iPhone it will be locked to the network you bought it with. You will need to get in touch with them for information on how to unlock it. Note that once your contract is over they are obligated by UK law to assist you in unlocking the device.

6. shandyman Suspended

thats what i meant, i'm not daft enough to have suggested buying one subsidised on contract to take over to her...i mean ordering from apple's online store for the UK, the website says its sim free, as per the OP, so providing my mate can get a micro sim for the network she's on, it should be fine right?

7. Xenc macrumors 65816

Xenc

8. shandyman Suspended

wicked, she's emmigrating there and wants the new iphone, but her fella is on verizon and she wants to be on same network, next thing is to find out if verizon do micro sims lol

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Verizon SIM won't work in the iPhone. Verizon use CDMA, not GSM.