Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZBates9513

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2015
Hello,

I just want to make sure I completely understand this before Friday comes. I am eligible for an upgrade through Verizon. Is that upgrade even worth anything anymore? Or does it make no difference if I buy my iPhone through Apple / Verizon / Other store?

Thank you for the help!

Z

Speedman100

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2013
The upgrade will allow you to buy the phone one a two year contract at a discounted price. I believe you can do that through Apple or Verizon. I have ordered from both Apple and Verizon in prior years and I got my phone on time from both.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
There is one issue If you want to use Verizon Device Payment then you have to go threw Verizon since Apple will only do Verizon Device Payments via the Apple Retail Store according to the Website FAQ:
  • All the iPhone purchase options available on apple.com are available at the Apple Store. You’ll also find additional purchase options in store, such as Sprint Easy Pay and Verizon Device Payment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.