Buying iPhone with bad imei / esn

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bidoo26, May 23, 2015.

1. bidoo26 macrumors newbie

Hello community
    basically, im new here so sorry if this topic is the wrong place
    im not from the US and im intersted in buying a new iphone 6 but the thing is the new iphone is really expensive so i found on ebay
    some cheap iphones with bad esn and imei
    after some google searches i knew that it would work normally outside the US and as i mentioned im not living in the US so that is fine by me
    my question is : Does all the iphone carriers ( verizon , tmobile , at&t , sprint ) will work outside the US normally without any unlocking or anything ? [ espically verizon will a bad esn work abroad because it comes unlocked ]
    and if some needs unlocking how can i do that and if there any cheaper way to get an iphone 6 please mention it and thank you in advance

2. msp3 macrumors member

Enjoy your stolen/deadbeat phone. Thanks for supporting our American criminals!

3. laudern macrumors 6502a

I'd be more worried about the fact that the phone is iCloud locked. That my friend is world wide. With no way of getting around it.

4. bidoo26 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. had0ukenn macrumors member

This varies depending on the network. As long as the device is unlocked, i don't think it matters if the IMEI is bad, you will be able to use it overseas aside from Canada. If you don't know, carriers don't unlock bad imei phones. What carrier is the phone on that you're interested in?

6. laudern macrumors 6502a

This is probably different, but I once bought an iPhone 4 which was locked to an overseas carrier. And there was no way to actually unlock the phone from the carrier unless I put some chip in the sim slot with the new SIM. I gave up in the end and just sold it off.

7. bidoo26 thread starter macrumors newbie

im willing to buy a verizon iphone 6 with bad esn
    to work in middle east and europe

8. UAV macrumors regular

hell if you ask me it's better than supporting apple who rob people everyday with there overpriced junk. atleast he paid a fair price for the phone

9. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Oh no! You just opened a big can of worms posting that on a Apple fanboy site lol

10. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

11. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

Verizon iPhones with bad ESN are fine. They will remain unlocked on the GSM side but are unusable with only Verizon.

You should be fine and enjoy your iPhone.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If that's how you feel then you wouldn't buy "there overpriced junk" wether it's used or new or at any condition. And offcourse you wouldn't be spending time posting on an iPhone Internet forum;)

13. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

T-Mobile has the most bands for LTE but its hard to find an unlocked T-mobile version most are at&t from what i see. For what you need you can get a Verizon one and it will work fine.

14. bidoo26 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thank you so much , but are you sure ?