Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
“So I currently use T-mobile prepaid and would like to pre order the Verizon iPhone X. I have a family member with a Verizon postpaid account who is willing to share their info with me assuming there are no consequences to their line/account. Assuming I pay in full and remove the Verizon sim card the phone comes with before turning it on is there any impact to their Verizon line/account?

Has anyone used someone else's Verizon carrier info to order an iPhone before?”

Read some conflicting answers. Does anyone have any more insight? Thanks

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I think a $40 upgrade fee will be added to their account.
[doublepost=1508927072][/doublepost]There are a few threads that talk about how Best Buy is required by law to sell the “Verizon model” even if you purchase it on TMobile. Possibly worth looking into.

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Like the above user said, the activation fee will probably be added to the verizon bill. For you, you will have no problem taking the verizon SIM out and popping in your T-mobile prepaid. I typically buy the verizon variant for use on prepaid carriers. Since it requires carrier info this year and I do not plan on camping out, it is the T-mobile variant for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.