Buying iphone4 from US stores...

yosi199

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Hello, I wasn't sure how to phrase the title so... I will be visiting the US soon and I was wondering whether I can enter apple stores and just buy the iphone without contract and anything, even tough I am not American?

Is there any other places that non American citizens can buy from the iphone4? BestBuy maybe?

thanks for any help.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
No, if you want to buy a phone and not be tied to a contract, the US is not the place for that.

yosi199

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
thank you for your quick replies, but I've seen a lot of iphones in ebay from the US that says it's without contract, how can that be?

yosi199

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
You can buy a contract free iPhone but it is still locked to AT&T, it just doesn't require a two year contract.
OK thank you very much, this is what I meant, I know that it wont be sim free! I'm planing to JB when the JB is out but I want to purchase it while I'm in america, so I'm to blame for not explaining myself better.

So I can buy the iphone even that I'm only a tourist, but it just wont be sim free, right?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
OK thank you very much, this is what I meant, I know that it wont be sim free! I'm planing to JB when the JB is out but I want to purchase it while I'm in america, so I'm to blame for not explaining myself better.

So I can buy the iphone even that I'm only a tourist, but it just wont be sim free, right?
You will have to buy the iPhone on eBay or Craigslist or from a seller on here. If you go to AT&T and buy a no contract phone, they won't sell it to you unless you have a current AT&T contract to use the phone on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.