Buying iphone4 from US stores...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yosi199, Jul 30, 2010.

1. yosi199 macrumors member

Hello, I wasn't sure how to phrase the title so... I will be visiting the US soon and I was wondering whether I can enter apple stores and just buy the iphone without contract and anything, even tough I am not American?

Is there any other places that non American citizens can buy from the iphone4? BestBuy maybe?

thanks for any help.

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

No, if you want to buy a phone and not be tied to a contract, the US is not the place for that.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

4. yosi199 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for your quick replies, but I've seen a lot of iphones in ebay from the US that says it's without contract, how can that be?

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You can buy a contract free iPhone but it is still locked to AT&T, it just doesn't require a two year contract.

6. yosi199 thread starter macrumors member

OK thank you very much, this is what I meant, I know that it wont be sim free! I'm planing to JB when the JB is out but I want to purchase it while I'm in america, so I'm to blame for not explaining myself better.

So I can buy the iphone even that I'm only a tourist, but it just wont be sim free, right?

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You will have to buy the iPhone on eBay or Craigslist or from a seller on here. If you go to AT&T and buy a no contract phone, they won't sell it to you unless you have a current AT&T contract to use the phone on.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Find someone who has AT&T and have them go there with you to buy it full price unsubsidized.
    Give them cash to pay for it and it wont effect or extend their contract.