Buying ipod touch at bestbuy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Applepwns, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Applepwns macrumors member

I want to buy my ipod touch at best buy since i have rewards point for there but i am not sure if their is a difference in warranty policy's or anything major like would i call apple or bestbuy if their is a problem?

if you could help me out that would be great thanks!

-Justin
    www.twitter.com/justinmurphy

2. biikman macrumors regular

I would imagine that for the first 30 days you have a return/exchange option with bestbuy if there's any problems with it. (assuming you don't buy any extended warranty through BB) After that then you would deal with Apple for their 1 yr limited warranty. Good luck, and enjoy!

3. dizzlemizzle macrumors member

and you can buy applecare for the ipod if you want to be covered after the apple warranty is over

4. Applepwns thread starter macrumors member

So i would only need to deal with bestbuy for the first 30 days and the rest is apple? alright thanks alot!

5. biikman macrumors regular

you don't HAVE to deal with bestbuy the first 30 days, you could go to apple and I'm sure they would help you. I was just thinking that if it needed replacing you would get a new touch from BB under the 30 days, where apple would most likely give you a refurb. I'm sure others will post if my thinking is skewed :)