Buying iPod Touch through Amazon but return if defective to Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Felder71, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Felder71 macrumors member

I'm interested in picking up an iPod Touch 32GB from Amazon...$30 off and no tax plus free shipping makes it a much better deal than going in store. But say I get the iPod and there's something wrong with it (a bunch of dead pixels, busted headphone port, etc). Can I take it back to the Apple Store, since I should have the 1 year warranty, or am I going to have to return it to Amazon. I prefer not to have to deal with Amazon returns since that prolongs the process and it seems I should be able to take it to a Genius Bar, but I wanted to be sure before ordering. Thanks for the help.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i am pretty sure you can go to an apple store as you will have apple care for a year regardless

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

To return any item, ever, you pretty much always have to go back to where you bought it (at least the same company), and Apple and Amazon are no different. However, if you simply wanted it fixed, then you could take it to the Apple Store and have it fixed or possibly replaced (though it's my understanding that's at their discretion, so don't count on it).

jW

4. descartes macrumors 6502

for your money back, you will obviously have to go through amazon. if there is a problem and you want a fix or exchange, you may be able to go through apple. hvr, you may also get a refurb rather than a new one for an exchange through the apple store.