Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ribbit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
I bought iwork in Korea with the help of a Korean friend. I bought it from the online store. I looked at the receipt in the email right now and it says "iwork (KOR)". I freaked out because it just occurred to me that iwork might be in the Korean language and I can't read Korean. I need the English version. I am in trouble as my friend is busy and I can't ask her to check this out for me. She doesn't know much about Apple products anyway. And if I call Apple I don't think anyone there speaks English. Am I unnecessarily worrying? Is iwork the same everywhere? The website for Korea is in Korean. I haven't received it yet, and I don't want to open it even if I do get it, until I know whether it will be in English or not. I tried the Apple.com site but I can't find the forums and there is no email address given for asking this type of question.

TallGlassOfFail

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
I believe it should be multi lingual, and if not, then do not worry. Simply download the Demo of iWork 09 and paste the serial key from your Korean version into iWork 09 to activate it, and voila, its English.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I had similar worry as you do. I bought Leopard in Korea to update Tiger (Japanese version which came with my MBP bought in Japan). I changed the system language to English and then Japanese. There is no problem! People at Apple Korea's Online Store are very friendly. They can also communicate in English.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I bought iWork in North America. When I installed it on my MBP running the Japanese version of the OS, characters in the programs of iWork became Japanese automatically. It is highly likely that the characters of iWork (KOR) will be switched to English automatically. Note that when I bought leopard, the box and the physical user manual were written in Korean. I guess it will be the same as your iWork. However, you can download other language versions of the manual from Apple for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.