Buying just the box?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexanderasher, Jun 30, 2014.

1. alexanderasher macrumors member

alexanderasher

Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy just the box for a retina 15 inch model? Or if I can get apple to send me one?

I won't go into details but basically mine got thrown away due to a miscommunication and I like keeping the boxes to expensive purchases as trophies of sorts.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ebay, and/or Craigslist are your only options.

We have a marketplace here, but access to the Marketplace forum is allowed after being a member for 6 months and having 250 posts.

3. alexanderasher thread starter macrumors member

alexanderasher

I figured. I had already looked, and didn't find anything for the time being.

4. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

There's a few on ebay now; just do a search: macbook pro box 2013, or macbook pro box 2012

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

6. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

:d:d

7. romesk90 macrumors member

Some buy/sell without the box ;) If you buy it without box and want to sell it later...it is better for some to have the box. Or, as you mention, as a gift...it is better to give the laptop with a box than without.

8. ano0oj macrumors 6502

I thought you wanted to play a mean joke on a friend...one of my friend's sister did that, she borrowed a macbook box from a friend, and wrapped it really nicely and gave it to him. He was extremely ecstatic about it, and when he opened it...:(

9. sneak3 macrumors 6502

I dont like buying boxes because the computer info is not yours. There will be another serial number written on it. That just kills the whole trophy thing for me.

You shouldn't steal trophies!