Buying Laptop from School Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cjenkins505, Jan 19, 2009.

1. cjenkins505 macrumors member

Hi am going to be buying a top end macbook and after looking at my Universities website (http://www.units.muohio.edu/mcs/suppctr/MiamiNotebook/models/index.php) I cant tell if I will get the free printer and free Ipod. (Yes I know I will have to wait till June) Have any of you guys purchased your laptop from your school and gotten these things?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

just buy through the apple.com website and their edu store

i have gotten the free ipod before

3. Cricketman macrumors regular

They will (should) have the free iPod promotion in the summer. Buy it directly through Apple.

Btw, you can always get the free printer when you buy a mac.

4. akbc macrumors 6502

My Campus TechShop is an authorized Apple reseller and DID have the free iPod offer for the last 2 years.
    But then, I'm in Canada.. so it may be a little different?

Best idea is just to call 'em up, and ask.

5. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

I purchased my MacBook from apple.com and got an iPod Touch free. I'd say you should go ahead and buy from apple's website.

6. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

$1322 is a pretty good price for the 2GHz MB with Applecare. You probably won't get the printer. You are looking for at least $50 more if you buy direct from Apple and then buy Applecare on ebay for $125.

Best case scenario is if you can wait for the summer, buy from Apple online in the ed store, and get your free printer and ipod. Perhaps there might be an updated MB model by late summer too.

That's the back to school promotion. Depending on where you are (US is late summer) it varies but is usually in the summer/fall.