Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cricketman

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
They will (should) have the free iPod promotion in the summer. Buy it directly through Apple.

Btw, you can always get the free printer when you buy a mac.

akbc

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
My Campus TechShop is an authorized Apple reseller and DID have the free iPod offer for the last 2 years.
But then, I'm in Canada.. so it may be a little different?

Best idea is just to call 'em up, and ask.

pranavss11

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
San Jose
I purchased my MacBook from apple.com and got an iPod Touch free. I'd say you should go ahead and buy from apple's website.

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
Hi am going to be buying a top end macbook and after looking at my Universities website (http://www.units.muohio.edu/mcs/suppctr/MiamiNotebook/models/index.php) I cant tell if I will get the free printer and free Ipod. (Yes I know I will have to wait till June) Have any of you guys purchased your laptop from your school and gotten these things?

$1322 is a pretty good price for the 2GHz MB with Applecare. You probably won't get the printer. You are looking for at least $50 more if you buy direct from Apple and then buy Applecare on ebay for $125.

Best case scenario is if you can wait for the summer, buy from Apple online in the ed store, and get your free printer and ipod. Perhaps there might be an updated MB model by late summer too.

I purchased my MacBook from apple.com and got an iPod Touch free. I'd say you should go ahead and buy from apple's website.

That's the back to school promotion. Depending on where you are (US is late summer) it varies but is usually in the summer/fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.