Buying Mac Book Pro??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blurfonz, Sep 13, 2008.

  1. blurfonz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    #1
    Hi Guys,

    I have been a mac user for about 5 months on the iMac 24" and been loving it so much! I am planning to get the Macbook Pro. But am not sure if its a good time to get it now. Actually I have no urgency to get it but if nothing gonna change say in the near 4-5 months, I would want to get it now and enjoy it!

    Anyone can advise me if its a good time to spend this money?

    Thank You! Appreciate the advises!

    Cheers
     
  2. anirban macrumors 6502a

    anirban

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #2
    The buyers guide suggests that you wait. We were hearing that there may be some modest updates in October. If not, then definitely in January at MWSF. If you can, wait and see. If you need it now, go ahead.

    Also, there have been several threads on your question. Searching would give you a lot of results.
     

    Attached Files:

  3. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #3
    Rumors say the next update of the MacBook Pros will be a redesign. Specifically, the update is expected in October. I do not expect anything significantly different from this.
     
  4. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
  5. blurfonz thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    #5
    Thanks Guys... sorry about the thread on this repeated question. But its great for first hand advise :)

    Anyway yah I would not need it urgently but it will be GREAT to own a MBP! ( of course) anyway Oct 14th is not a long wait! Okay! Maybe I will ask my friend to hold the buy for me for now.

    But I am an impatient person!! :D

    Still thanks for the advises! Good day!
     
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #6
    Again, the advice I would proffer is simply, if you need it, buy now, if not, if you simply want it, wait until the updates. then, either treat yourself to the new bells-and-whistles model, or go the refurb route which will still come with the benefit of the Apple warranty, the possibility of upgrading to Applecare should you feel the need, and the knowledge that the computer has been rigorously tested by Apple.
    Good luck and cheers
     
  7. blurfonz thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    #7
    Scepticalscribe, thank you! ;) I guess I will wait for at least an update on 14th oct hopefully! meanwhile I know the temptation is real strong!! Gotta live with that!! ahaha
     

Share This Page