Buying Mac Pro from MacConnection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Squonk, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'm thinking of buying my first Mac Pro from MacConnection. Does anyone have any feedback on customer service from them, good or bad?

Are there any other vendors that I should be considering?

I'm looking to buy a single Quad 2.8 and they have a config with the 500GB drive for $100 less than buying from Apple with no rebates to deal with.

I also considered MacMall but the fact that there is a rebate and less than stellar feedback here in the MR forums has me not wanting to purchase from them.

Thank you!:)

2. Gaelic1 macrumors member

I have purchased 3 iMacs, several older model Macs, an iPod:p and a MacBook intel, all from MacConnections. They have always been less expensive because of free shipping and no state sales tax. They have always been dependable for me and I will continue to use them for my Mac needs.

3. Jasper2k macrumors newbie

Let me second the recommendation for MacConnection. I started buying from their PC Connection in 1981 (Princeton Graphics color monitor for the original IBM PC!), and then the MacConnection arm in 1986 (DataFrame 20 SCSI drive for the MacPlus!).

On Nov 7th, after the Leopard release, I pulled the trigger on a 17" MBP HD Matte from them, and got it overnight. Activated AppleCare last week and no issues at all.

I have nothing but good things to say about them over the 26 years I've dealt with them - even had a few returns that went flawlessly!

And any vendor that takes orders until 3:15AM and then ships that day (warehouse right on the DHL airstrip in Columbus OH!) gets my impulse buys...

:)

4. Squonk thread starter macrumors 65816

Squonk

Thanks for the feedback Gaelic1 and Jasper2k! I appreciate it. I've made myself the promise to do my taxes before I order the new machine, just in case..... I'll be cranking on them tonight! It sounds like I have until 3:15am to order ;)

edit: And I just checked, from MacConnection's warehouse to Atlanta is only 2 days by DHL ground (free) service. Excellent!

:D

5. moworks2 macrumors member

this goes back a while so take it for what it's worth...i bought my g4 450mhz agp tower and a sony G500 monitor from them in 2000...fine service...

and i called them because the monitor came with some minor dent damage on the plastic casing on one corner, probably the gorillas at UPS, and they just said send it back, not even a question...but it was minor stuff and the screen worked fine so i just kept the monitor...still using both today. :D

and in a few months i'm gonna upgrade my system and will probably buy with them again depending on prices and deals etc...was also considering Amazon or small dog...

good luck with your purchase...