Buying Mac Pro Need Advices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by survivor, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. survivor macrumors newbie

    Dec 30, 2008
    Hello guys, I’ve been viewer on this forum since ages for me its one of the most important site for MAC in everything so I actually need a good advice in purchasing my new mac pro. I will be for sure wasting big cash on it so its better to take suggestions and some different experience,.
    First of all my way of buying things I like to buy something stands for years what I do I’m a professional photographer ,Video photographer, video editing and designing so most of my work will be on :
    Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Illustrator
    Final Cut Pro
    Sometimes Aperture but 80% of the time editing the vedio on the Final Cut Pro
    I already have 2 X 30 inches screens, G4,Mac Book Pro and Mac Book Air
    My old G4 is not handling my work anymore as you guys all aware that the new technology HD takes a lot of hard work new things appeared on the final cuts and other programs as well. Specially when printing editing I always print as large imges A2+.
    So what I’m planning to get is Mac Pro Two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, ram will be for sure not less than 8 GB , Hard Drive will be 300 GB SAS 15000 RPM because most of my time I save my work on my external hard drives
    Ok here what I need as advices
    Am I getting the right thing for my need? My current and future need as well? Or that is just a waste of money? Any rumors around that there will be new mac pros? Faster processors? Any idea regarding that?
    What graphic card will do the job? Shall I just go for NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB will it do the job cuz the Quadro FX 5600 is Hell Expensive I’ll prefer to waste those money on other iteams I need in my workshop
    But for me the most important thing is the speed and the quality for sure
    That’s why I’m confused if I shall just go ahead and get it or wait little bit to see if there will be new mac pros coming out because the exhibition will be in JAN
    Thanks again waiting to hear from you
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    DO NOT BUY until Nehalem unless you HAVE to have this for work.
  3. aaquib macrumors 65816


    Sep 11, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Well, they haven't been refreshed in almost a year. At least wait another week till Macworld 09 to see what's cooking.
  4. The SpinDoctor macrumors regular

    Nov 22, 2008
    Listen to him
  5. Horst Guest

    Jan 10, 2006
    I agree, wait till Jan. 5th .

    Also, do NOT buy Nehalem if you HAVE to use it for work until there is a Rev. B, or at least Rev. A has proven to be reliable ( about 6 months after first release) . ;)
  6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030


    Dec 26, 2008
    North Korea
    Jan 6th Actually, Afternoon

  7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    NOOOO! There will be no Mac Pro at MacWorld! It will come in late, LATE February at the EARLIEST.
  8. Horst Guest

    Jan 10, 2006
    Whenever it comes or is announced, chances are the Nehalem Rev. B , plus a then bug-free 10.6.x , might be the next solid Apple workstation for pro users by late '09/more likely early '10.

    Just imho.
  9. numbersyx macrumors 65816


    Sep 29, 2006
    Regardless of which, wait until they are announced (I am!!!)

Share This Page