Buying Macbook Air In Singapore

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AlertedCarrot, Aug 5, 2011.

1. AlertedCarrot macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of buying a Macbook Air while I'm here in Singapore as I can save quite a bit of money compared to buying it in the UK. I plan to buy Applecare for it when I get home but I can't seem to find any concrete information on the warranty situation should I need to get something fixed when I am back in the UK before the apple care plan kicks in.

Anybody have any experience of this sort of situation who could share some valuable knowledge? I will only be here for the next 4 days so i need to make a decision soon.

2. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

I've bought a Macbook Air and an iPhone in Singapore last fall. However, since there are no physical Apple stores in Singapore, I had to order the products online. Thus, I ordered them even before I arrived to give them enough time to be delivered.

As regards the warranty, it's international, so there should be no problems with that. I advise you to check the Apple Online of Singapore and see the estimated shipping time. Maybe, you'll be lucky and it could be delivered to you as long as you're still there. Otherwise, go check some large shopping centers that sell Apple products, and see if they have the MBA in stock. I remember one of the stores was called Epicentre.

I also live in Europe (Latvia) and the price for the ultimate Macbook air differs for $600, and that's way to much. Singapore is one of the best locations to buy Apple products.

Good luck!