Buying MacBook at an Apple Store vs. Online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vmflapem, Jan 19, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

So I bought my MacBook Pro Retina from my local Apple Store and I had to get replacements twice already because I had issues with them.

It is my third MacBook I got from that store, and one thing I realized was that ALL of them had batteries that were FULLY drained for the first use.
    I asked them why the batteries are always drained and they told me that "in rare cases, if the laptop sits on shelf for too long, the battery drains fully"

So I guess that clearly shows that I'm one of the very few people who has been buying MacBooks from that store.

I was wondering if there are any other people who have been experiencing something similar from the Apple Store..
    Do you prefer to buy MacBooks online or do you prefer to buy from the offline Apple Store?

2. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

Bought mine at an apple store, first one I got is the one I'm using right now, screen looks perfect, works perfectly, and battery was around 60% when I first booted it up.

I prefer buying things at physical locations unless there's some online deals, but those rarely happen with apple products.

3. blackers10 macrumors newbie

mine was from the Chermside Australia store and had roughly 60% also :) its been perfect, except it needed a full wipe and reinstall and reset of all the settings etc at the genius bar as it was chewing battery but now its sweet

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've purchase my Macs either online or at the brick and mortar store with no problems at all. I'm not sure you can draw a conclusion if you buy it online, you're ok, and if you go with the brick and mortar store it will be problematic. :confused:

5. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

I found buying online with the in-store pickup was the easiest experience ever. I'm going to do it that way from now on. Cuts through the clutter.