Buying MacBook pro from b&h photo??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KyleO, Sep 18, 2011.

1. KyleO macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi guys,
    I have a question, Does anybody has an experience buying MacBook pro from b&h photo w/AppleCare ?
    I checked apple's web site, it's going to cost me $2300, but b&h sell exactly to same mbp for $1979. They both comes with AppleCare. Other thing is, I live in WA, so they're shipping me without tax. It's seems like a deal to me, but I'm not sure how trustworthy b&h for shipping the right mbp.
    And also, if I get an AppleCare from b&h, and if something happens, can I go to local apple store to let them fix?
    Thank you.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes, you can go to any Apple store for repairs with AppleCare, no matter where you bought it from.

I've never heard of b&h, so I have no idea if it's a legitimate business or not.

But there are other stores that sell Macs cheaper than the Apple store. Take MacMall for example. Or MicroCenter.

3. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

B&H is a VERY reputable business. I have bought thousands of dollars of various computer and photo gear from them over the past 10 years.

Enjoy your purchase.

GL

4. KyleO thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Here is the link : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/cart.jsp

And apple store's link : http://store.apple.com/us/cart

I never had a problem with their photo gear, but i saw on the form somebody order a mbp and he got the different model!!
    Thanks.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Every store can get overwhelmed once in a while. I'm sure their customer service saw the error and resolved it quickly.

And you can't link your cart - it's saved in your cookies. If we go to it, it shows us what's in our cart, not yours.

6. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Great store. I like the no sales tax from B&H when I have purchased camera gear. I comtemplated getting a MBP from them as I wouldn't have to pay sales tax (would have to pay on applestore) or shipping. But, I see that there is a refurbished MBP that I would like and it is cheaper with the sales tax.

Off Topic. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating my state out of it's much needed sales tax revenue but then I think about what some rich folks are paying and I don't worry as much.

Now back to topic. And this thread should be in Buyer Advice. Right? :)

7. henryp macrumors member

henryp

Thank you. Very gratifying.

FWIW, your state probably has a "Use tax" which you're supposed to declare and pay voluntarily. YMMV.