Buying MacBook Pro on Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pcmofo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. pcmofo macrumors member

pcmofo

I have just sold my dell laptop last night (the price was right and a friend needed it NOW) and now I am computer-less. I was waiting for forever for the new models to come out, now that they have I was looking for the best deal ( don't want to pay tax) Amazon has a great rebate offer and I would love to buy from them but they aren't in stock! The web site has no further info and their email response didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Has anyone else bought a new MBP from anyone other than Apple and actually received it yet? Anyone have a clue as to when Amazon might be getting in the shipment of MBP's? Help... I might start getting withdrawal symptoms soon.

2. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Like most third-party dealers, Amazon will not have any MBPs available to ship until they receive their supply from Apple. Unfortunately for you and anyone else waiting to buy through Amazon, there are no publicly available definitive dates for such supply. It is not unusual for Apple to sell most of their new products directly from their Apple Stores (both online and brick & mortar) and distribute it to their other retailers after the initial rush has subsided.

If you really need the computer immediately, your best bet would be either an apple store of a brick & mortar supplier like Best Buy. Those are the only entities reasonably likely to have something in stock or available for shipment. With Amazon you MAY be waiting several weeks or more. Truth be told it is anybody's guess how long and I believe that is going to be a problem for you.