Buying MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cheesyappleuser, Nov 27, 2012.

1. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Hi everyone!
    I've been planning to buy a Mac for quite some time, however due to not needing one that much and, of course, because of its price I've felt reluctant buying one.

I'm thinking about getting the base model (non-retina MacBook Pro 13", 4GB RAM), and I'd like to know how it would behave on long-term support and, of course, performance, since it's quite downgraded in relation to the rest of the range.
    And I can get one for as much as $400.

Best regards,
    Pedro.

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

It all depends on your needs- if you need a powerful, portable laptop, I think that you have made a good choice. If it is taken care of, MBPs tend to hold their value well.

3. cheesyappleuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Do you actually consider this laptop powerful by the true meaning of the word?

It is mostly to write text, read email (that Mail app sure is handy!), watch some PowerPoint presentations and YouTube videos. No powerful apps, no 30-tabs opened at a time.

4. richnyc macrumors regular

richnyc

The basic cMBP is too powerful for your specified use above:cool: I'm serious:D:D:D

5. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I can do all of the above on the G5s in my sig. There's a reason that there is a Pro in the word- It has a Sandy Bridge processor which is overkill for what you will be doing. If you have the $400, then you might jump on it, as that's a great deal, but if that's a bit much, there are much cheaper ways to get a Mac that will do what you need it to do.

6. esskay macrumors 6502

If I could get a 2012 base cMBP 13 for $400, I'd buy them all day long!! ;)

7. cheesyappleuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

lol I guess it's a good computer to buy indeed.
    Now I just have to wait 16 hours outdoors in a queue to get it