Buying MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Christian 5G, Oct 25, 2015.

  1. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

    Christian 5G

    Jun 16, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Am planning buying Pro. Will be switching from Air 14'. air started showing some tear in display quality in performance (the fun started working this past couple of weeks while connected to my external display 27') especially after I played around with my friends 15' pro I mean the RETINA is awesome on macbook.

    Now, heres question. Should I wait until the new one or just upgrade on this upcoming holidays?

    Do you think I will really miss out on the next model ("if" rumored for beginning of next year) if I upgrade to the 15' version?

    Or I should just wait and see the new model and use the price drop after the new one announced and get the 15' model if improvements are minor.

    I am not really in a rush. Will be using this Pro for mostly college work and the website I've been working on.
  2. Spink10 Suspended


    Nov 3, 2011
    Since you have done some researching and desire to catch the newest model if possible or the older model for a reduced price along with the fact you are not in a rush. I would recommend waiting. From your post it seems like you are implying wait and I would agree considering your desires / situation.
  3. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    Will you be kicking yourself for not waiting once the new models are released and you took the plunge now?

    Back when I bought my 2012 rMBP, I was in the same exact situation as you were. I opted to wait thinking it would be just around the corner in 2012. It turned out to be June, not March or April as I hoped. In the long run however, I was very happy that I held off and got that model.

    I can't say what Apple has up its sleeves but I think if you can wait, you will be better off.

Share This Page