Buying macbook tomorrow

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edguzman, Apr 17, 2007.

1. edguzman macrumors newbie

Just a quick question before I bite the bullet tomorrow... I am not a gamer and will be using the macbook for web browsing email music photo and imovie and Apple TV. Also I will be running vista and windows xp. My question is Am I going to really be missing something when the new macbooks come out. Will it really make a diffrence for what I will be using my macbook now??? Also how good is the aero effect on the macbook? is it too slow??

thanks for your insight!!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You'll be perfectly fine with the current MacBook. Vista runs great, including Aero.

3. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

4. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

Nah, don't worry about it at all. For your needs the current Macbook will be perfect. Everything will run fine, if anything just treat yourself to Leopard in October :D . Don't worry about the "upcoming" updates, buy now and just enjoy your new Macbook. :)

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

you are in the same situation i wa sin a couple of weeks ago.. i went for it, it works perfectly fine do not regret it for a second... enjoy man

6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I just bought my new Macbook less than a week ago and I love it. You won't regret it. :)

7. jhero macrumors 6502

jhero

I feel guilty... I got a mb myself today too :D

cheers to the mb club :)

8. macfriend1 macrumors regular

9. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I dont think the Macbooks will see an update till june/july as its just before the summer and dont schools usually buy new equipment then? or is that now =S

Either way, when Intel release Robson cache (whatever) Macbook (pro) will get their updates.

Theres a saying here; If you need it now, buy it now.

10. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

I'd say wait, without a doubt. I'm surprised everyone here is saying 'go for it'. Why? The macbook is over schedule for an update, and intel is on the verge of announcing their new 'Santa Rosa' platform. This new platform (to be released in may) promises a whole host of new features including a 800mhz FSB, NAND memory caching, Intel Dynamic Acceleration (better resource management) among other new features. Hopefully apple would also be giving a graphics update.

I suggest you wait until june.

11. edguzman thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm Going To bite the bullet and won't be looking back. june is too far away and I need it now. Besides If I hold the money too long I might have to spend it on something else and I don't want that to happen.

The way I see it in the Tech industry there is always something new just around the corner. It's time to stop waiting and start enjoying. The key is not to regret it and don't look back. Besides for what I'll be using my macbook I think I will not be noticing that much of a difference, I still use my iMac G4 as my primary computer and it works great it does every thing that I need it to do and it is 4 years old. So the macbook should be ok.

thanks guys :rolleyes:

12. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

good choice

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I agree with you as well. Santa Rosa based MacBooks are still another 3+ months away most likely anyway. And then when those come along, everyone will immediately start talking about how they should wait for the next generation after that one. At some point you have to actually get something, so why wait. Today's MacBooks will serve you well for years.

14. lovemymac4sure macrumors newbie

I concur with everyone else you will be fine go for it!!! Just a word of advice, makes sure to get adequate ram, i.e.2GB...

Have fun!!

15. macfriend1 macrumors regular

there might be a problem with the special features.

is i.g the iSight camera sill in the next version of macbooks?
    what about Apple Remote?

are these things standard?