Buying MacBook Unibody next week - upgrades?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Uchiha1911, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Uchiha1911 macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2010
    Evening forum! :)
    I've thought it over and over and I'm going to purchase the MacBook over the MacBook Pro because I like the overall look better =)

Now, my question is.. which upgrades will be worth paying for (in terms of plain performance)?
    I WILL be multi-tasking a lot and I'll be doing some photo editing here and there I'll be using Illustrator quite commonly. Other than that, the day-to-day usage (mail, iTunes, QuickTime) can't be left out.

For this little 'project' I'm on a budget of €1400,- (-€850,- for the MacBook = €550,- left for possible upgrades).

As I said, I WILL be multi-tasking quite a lot, so I think an upgrade to 4GB RAM will be imminent, won't it?
    Also, I've been looking into upgrading to an SSD (Intel X25-M/OCZ Vertex), would this really be worth the price? I read some reviews and the benchmarks blow me away, the system itself would become a lot faster using an SSD (reading-wise).

Now, my last question: does anyone have any suggestions about (other) possible upgrades that I could perform?

Thanks again ;)
  2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2009
    Isn't the 'MacBook Unibody' now a MacBook Pro?
  3. spinnerlys Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    Unibody WHITE MacBook
    or WHITE Unibody MacBook
  4. lyons238 macrumors 6502

Mar 21, 2010
    i have 4gb of crucial ram (u can actually unofficially upgrade to 8gb of ram, for me i dont need that much), a 500gb seagate momentus 7200.4 hdd. my macbook performs very well

i also have a incase clear soft touch case, moshi palmguard, and a malware keyboard cover, and a grenade sticker :)