Buying Macs from Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GlynJones, Sep 7, 2007.

1. GlynJones macrumors 6502

All,
    Just cancelled my order for a BlackBook with the Apple Store because they wanted me to fax my Drivers Licence and a recent Credit Card/Bank statement as the order was to be delivered to a different address. I've spent many thousands of pounds with them in the past to this same address and don't see why I should have to prove who I am now.

Anyway I can get the same BlackBook at Amazon UK for £50 cheaper than Apple but I'm wondering if it's old stock I might not get the iLife 08 drop in DVD. Does anyone know what my recourse should be if this happened? Would I have to contact Apple or Amazon for the DVD? Has anyone ordered anything recently from Amazon and got the DVD.

Thanks in advance.

Glyn.

2. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and the consensus was if you don't get it you could 'try' contacting Apple about it but don't expect them just to dispatch the software!

I didn't do it in the end because I wanted to hold off for Panther til October plus see if they made any hardware changes.

Apple currently have a load of refurbs in so I might get one of those ... cheaper than Amazon and with the money you save you could buy iLife '08!

HTH

- D

3. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Oh, great... have I gone time-tripping again?

;)

4. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Ha Ha, yeah - you passed my little test!

You know what I meant, ahem, Leopard!!

- D