Buying Macs from Amazon UK

GlynJones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
All,
Just cancelled my order for a BlackBook with the Apple Store because they wanted me to fax my Drivers Licence and a recent Credit Card/Bank statement as the order was to be delivered to a different address. I've spent many thousands of pounds with them in the past to this same address and don't see why I should have to prove who I am now.

Anyway I can get the same BlackBook at Amazon UK for £50 cheaper than Apple but I'm wondering if it's old stock I might not get the iLife 08 drop in DVD. Does anyone know what my recourse should be if this happened? Would I have to contact Apple or Amazon for the DVD? Has anyone ordered anything recently from Amazon and got the DVD.

Thanks in advance.

Glyn.

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and the consensus was if you don't get it you could 'try' contacting Apple about it but don't expect them just to dispatch the software!

I didn't do it in the end because I wanted to hold off for Panther til October plus see if they made any hardware changes.

Apple currently have a load of refurbs in so I might get one of those ... cheaper than Amazon and with the money you save you could buy iLife '08!

HTH

- D