Buying MBP at Apple Store vs. Third Party Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capitanbuzo, Nov 21, 2007.

1. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Well, I am planning on buying a Macbook Pro once they get updated and was planning on buying online at clubmac.com. Is there any disadvantage at buying there versus buying at an Apple Store? The reason I am buying there is because I can get my same student discount plus I do not have to pay tax. Has anyone delt wth this company before? Thanks for the help.

2. mail4asim macrumors member

mail4asim

If you get a chance check out Macmall as well. I just bought my Macbook from them. I got a 75 dollar MIR, an Epson Printer Free ( After MIR), a bag pack Free after MIR, another bag pack for 10 dollars after MIR, and Parallels desktop software Free After MIR.
    I know there are a lot of MIR (Mail in rebates) here.. but I have had good experience with them before. Plus they don't charge TAX for Ohio :), which also helped me save a bundle.
    It was shipped on Monday from TN and was delivered in Central OH on wed. That's fast shipping. :) and Free after mail in rebate ..
    Hope this helps..

-Asim

3. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

I'm not seeing where you can get a student discount. (Unless you were referring to the regular apple store with the student discount?)

4. capitanbuzo thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I was refering to the regular Apple Store student discount.

I would use Macmall but unfortunately, since I live in California, I must pay tax if I were to shop there.