Buying MBP in store. Suggestions? Also, which location?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eric., Jul 11, 2008.

1. Eric. macrumors regular

Soon after the Montevina Macbook Pros are out, I've decided to just make the hour and a half drive and get one in the store. This way I'll have it instantly, can check out the screen and anything else, and get the full Apple experience. I already know exactly what I want: MBP, 160GB iPod Classic, free iPod Touch, and a printer if the promotion isn't up. Depending on my mood I may throw an extra Magsafe on there, but that isn't important. Since I've never been to one of the stores, should I make an appointment for the Personal Shopping deal? Would there be any point in that since I do know what I'm buying?

Also, if I bring a hard drive with me, would the techs swap it for me? I was going to do a 320GB Passport swap and that is the nearest place that would be authorized to do the repair, unless Geek Squad can :)eek:).

Is there anything I should know/do while I'm there?

Edit: Does anyone have experience with both St. Louis locations? I'm planning on going to The Galleria unless the West County one is better in some way.

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I say, don't make an appointment. On a slow day there is plenty help. On a busy day / eve there is a lot of help. I would go in and start looking at the machine. If you really like the help you get, go with it. If you don't like the help, go look at something else until you spot someone you might like and talk to them.

3. Eric. thread starter macrumors regular

Alright. There are two stores in that area (St. Louis, Missouri). The one in the Galleria Mall and one in West County. Has anybody been to either/both and can recommend one over the other? The Galleria looks to be the easiest to get to.