Buying MBP: Late 2011 13" or Early 2011 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacsBestFriend, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

The title sums it up. I'm about to buy a new laptop from macmall, and I can either get just the base early 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch with a 2.5Ghz i5 and a case, or get the newer base 13 inch model with the OWC Data Doubler and a 120 GB SSD. In addition to that, I can also get a drawing tablet (I borrow one from my school currently), a case and an infrared remote with the 13.

I use multiple programs with CS5 right now, mainly Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash. I do a lot of work on autocad, too. I need to dualboot into Win7 for other autodesk apps and programming. Not to mention I'm a student so having with with me is important as is battery life.

Another concern is resale value, as I would like to sell it when there is a redesign in a year or two and get as much money back as possible. If I dont get the data doubler I can always buy it later on, too.

Thanks for your input!

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Get the 15". Faster, more screen real estate, etc. Both will hold their value fairly well, the 15" might hold value a touch better.

3. shaun319 macrumors member

definitely go with the MBP 15 inch 2011. Much faster CPU and better resale value.

4. mark28 macrumors 68000

Neither. Save up for the Late 2011 15" MBP + AG screen. That's the best laptop on the market for your money.