Buying MBP on ebay need advice!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seb.nkl, Aug 29, 2009.

1. seb.nkl macrumors newbie

Hey guys, There's an ebay seller macman812 who,I guess, is the only one providing 7200rpm harddrives on 15'' MBP,offering worldwide shipping(Which is quite expensive),apple care AND 'extras' (do you think these are pirated?)
    Has anyone had experience buying a MBP from this particular seller?

'This will include an applecare plan which includes 3 years of tech support and physical warranty directly from Apple.
    This can come with up to 8GB of memory and/or a remote (apple no longer ships their computers with remotes) and can come with a larger and/or faster hard drive. If you are interested in any of these upgrades, please email me for pricing.
    This can ship with great extras at no extra charge,please email me for details.'

I really want a 7200 rpm hard drive;but I have the impression that this 'upgrade' is 'homemade'; but maybe I'm wrong.

Apple products in authorised resellers here in Mauritius ar too expensive so I need your advice wether or not I should go for it.

Thank you :)
    Sebastien.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im going to suggest the obvious, does he/ they have good feedback? If not google his name as see if anyone has mentioned him.

Just for the record though I would never buy anything costing over £200 on ebay, especially as you cant see the quality of the good you may receive.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, the most expensive thing I've bought on ebay is $250. I'm just not willing to risk more than that.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Often you will see lots of expensive software included without disks, a sure sign of a scam and against eBay rules, but eBay doesn't really care.

5. canes960 macrumors 6502

I bought a $3000 T.V. on ebay and got it perfect condition...Its all about the feedback

6. afronathan macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about buying a macbook from eBay in the next couple of months. If you get that macbook would you be able to just tell me if it went okay please, I want to see if eBay is worth using to get a macbook :)