Buying MBP on Ebay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Atomicfission92, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Atomicfission92 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I was just looking on Ebay at Apple stuff and I happened to notice this listing. How are they able to sell them so cheap? And its not just this seller it seems to be quite a few people are selling them much cheaper then from the Apple store.

How legit are these products? Has anyone tried ordering one from ebay and what was your out come?

Also if I were to buy it from ebay and get the Apple Extended care from say the apple store while I am purchasing my 24" ACD would it cover both?

I think I have more questions but I'll leave it to just them for right now.

2. suburbia macrumors 6502

The seller you posted appears completely legitimate. Many businesses operate from eBay. I would feel confident about purchasing from this seller.

I purchased a Macbook Pro for my sister from a local seller off eBay, and everything went well.

By purchasing the MacBook Pro and display separately, you must purchase Applecare for each product. If you purchase both at the same time, then the Applecare for the MacBook Pro will also cover the display.

3. Atomicfission92 thread starter macrumors regular

Well if thats the case with Apple Care then it doesn't save me any money getting the MBP on from him because I would be spending over $500 on just Apple Care to get both products covered. I can get a MBP 2.53 from the Apple store for $2,299.

4. suburbia macrumors 6502

You don't have to purchase Applecare right away-- you have 1 year from your date of purchase (unless you really want telephone tech support: Apple's regular telephone tech support is only valid for 90 days from date of purchase).

The seller also has Applecare available for a decent price. And there's no tax.

You can always purchase Applecare for the display later. And you would still save :)

5. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Do it...I bought my MBP from eBay. Thats a great deal and the seller has excellent feedback. Buy it.

7. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

wonder if the software extras are properly licensed ? ....:rolleyes:

8. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Doubtful. I am sure they leave it to you to remove any programs you dont have a license for.

Ebay can be great. I got my NIB Rev B Air and 2 applecares there at smoking hot prices. Add the Live cashback that was running then and it is even better. Just be sure you find a reliable seller.