Buying MBP: Online vs Instore

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by moez, Aug 2, 2007.

1. moez macrumors regular

Ok so I would be buying the SR MBP tonight or tomorrow. Apple Canada website says expected shipping is 7-10 days. Are those figures accurate or do they ship early and just have it on the website to be on the safe side. Just like the refurbished BlackBook I ordered sometime back. it said 7-14 days shipping but was shipped within 3 days.

is it the same for MBP or would I have better luck buying it in store if I just purchase a stock MBP (lowest config with default RAM and HDD and glossy screen).

Thanks for your help.

P.S:: Would also appreciate if someone could confirm another Q at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=336370

Thanx :)

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

If you are buying a stock one, you can get it in the store without paying a penalty. I prefer to deal with the store and I do all my RAM upgrading aftermarket anyway.

3. moez thread starter macrumors regular

yea I wont be upgrading the ram anyways coz cant spend 800 bucks on 2x2GB (althoguh it wud b sweet to have tht). But Apple stoer wud have glossy screen and instock right?

4. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Get a keyboard replacement too, I think yours is broken.

5. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

You'd have to call the store to make sure. Each store varies. Its not always guaranteed.

6. Lightlord macrumors newbie

Not always. As suggested by somebody, check with them. When I went to the store to purchase, they said it just sold out and they didn't even know when it will be re-stocked. :rolleyes:

If you are concerned about price and have no qualms about buying online, you might as well try some re-sellers.

There is a sales tax for Apple stores (since they have store presence) vs online only re-sellers (like Amazon). I am not sure if it applies everywhere but that is the case in my state.