Buying MBP: Online vs Instore

moez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Ok so I would be buying the SR MBP tonight or tomorrow. Apple Canada website says expected shipping is 7-10 days. Are those figures accurate or do they ship early and just have it on the website to be on the safe side. Just like the refurbished BlackBook I ordered sometime back. it said 7-14 days shipping but was shipped within 3 days.

is it the same for MBP or would I have better luck buying it in store if I just purchase a stock MBP (lowest config with default RAM and HDD and glossy screen).

Thanks for your help.

P.S:: Would also appreciate if someone could confirm another Q at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=336370

Thanx :)

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
If you are buying a stock one, you can get it in the store without paying a penalty. I prefer to deal with the store and I do all my RAM upgrading aftermarket anyway.

moez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
If you are buying a stock one, you can get it in the store without paying a penalty. I prefer to deal with the store and I do all my RAM upgrading aftermarket anyway.
yea I wont be upgrading the ram anyways coz cant spend 800 bucks on 2x2GB (althoguh it wud b sweet to have tht). But Apple stoer wud have glossy screen and instock right?

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
yea I wont be upgrading the ram anyways coz cant spend 800 bucks on 2x2GB (althoguh it wud b sweet to have tht). But Apple stoer wud have glossy screen and instock right?
You'd have to call the store to make sure. Each store varies. Its not always guaranteed.

Lightlord

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
Not always. As suggested by somebody, check with them. When I went to the store to purchase, they said it just sold out and they didn't even know when it will be re-stocked. :rolleyes:

If you are concerned about price and have no qualms about buying online, you might as well try some re-sellers.

There is a sales tax for Apple stores (since they have store presence) vs online only re-sellers (like Amazon). I am not sure if it applies everywhere but that is the case in my state.