buying MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martymar112, Mar 9, 2011.

1. martymar112 macrumors member

Today i am going to buy a 13inch 2011 Macbook Pro. before i go buy it this afternoon i wanted to know if i should buy it from bestbuy or the apple store. does it matter? and is there anything else i should get with it? thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would always prefer to buy my Apple product direct from Apple, but I don't think its going to make a big difference.

A case will probably be a good idea if you intend to carry it around.

3. iZero macrumors regular

+1 for buying it from Apple. They are many times better to deal with than Best Buy. Especially if god forbid, you ever have a problem with it after purchasing. I have had Best Buy try to get away with not backing their guarantees before. Have only ever had Apple bend over backwards to help me, the couple times I had problems. No hassle at all, no accusations of fault, just a simple "let us take care of that for you". They may cost more, but for how you're treated and the peace of mind, Apple store all the way for me.

(That's not to say all Best Buy's are like the one here, but it left a ****ing bad taste in my mouth after they ended up screwing me out of about 600 dollars. Never again.)

And a case/bag is definitely a good idea. Aluminum scratches extremely easily. Better safe than sorry :)

4. martymar112 thread starter macrumors member

Case

a case is something I am really looking in to. posted in an early post I am looking for a heavy duty case I can take with me when I go overseas. I am in the military and want something that will hold up good against the sand and things like that.

5. iZero macrumors regular

Then a case is a very good idea :) Stay safe over there! Thanks for your service :)
    Edit: Make sure you get your military discount if you go to the Apple store!

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Even if you did buy from Best Buy, it still would be fully covered by Apple. You can just take it into an any Apple store.

7. iZero macrumors regular

That's good then! The product I had problems with, wasn't an Apple product, so I didn't know that.

8. robd54 macrumors member

I bought from best buy to get my reward zone points and i have 45 day return policy with no penalty (reward zone premier silver). They actually matched my corporate discount from the Apple store too.