Buying MCPr tomorrow used - screen checklist

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akatora, Feb 13, 2013.

1. akatora macrumors newbie

Hello

Ok so I pretty much decided to go for the MBPr 15" 2.6 GHz with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. However, I don´t know which screen manufacturer it have Samsung or LG, but it´s built in Week 1 (January) or week 28 (July) 2012 and I am going to run the command from terminal to see what it is. My question is really, which tests should I run in order to make sure the screen is "perfect"? If I would have bad luck and get an LG-screen will the warranty cover the exchange for a new computer? I asked Apple this today and they say that the store where the computer is bought will have to fix this. The problem is that the person selling the computer claims he bought it from someone that was rushing off to vacation and wanted to sell it fast and that he does not remember where it was bought originally....

Any other feedback to watch out for when buying an used MBPr is appreciated.

thanks

2. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Apple won't exchange the entire computer out of the 14 day return period. The warranty applies within the first year of purchase, however, so they will repair it at their discretion.

I must express my skepticism at a <7 month old machine about to be on its 3rd owner. But then I tend to very cautious about Craigslist-type deals.

3. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

the real question here is how much?
    if you have IR problems apple will run a test and replace the screen if necessary.