buying mobile me

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by homeshire, Sep 10, 2009.

1. homeshire macrumors regular

I am an original iTools user. When .mac came, I bought in for a couple years, and then decided I wasn't getting value from it. So I let it lapse. It's been a couple years, and now I've jumped back in with .me, so to speak.

I have enrolled in the 2 month free trial of mobileme, with the intention of paying at the expiration of the 2 month free trial. My question?

I have long understood that mobileme is available at Amazon at a nice discount from Apple's $99 price point. I would like to take advantage of that. Apple is going to automatically charge my credit card at the expiration of the trial period.

How do I buy mobileme at Amazon and execute it before Apple charges my credit card automatically?

This may be a simple and trivial matter, but I would like to have my facts and execution straight before I do something stupid. Any help appreciated.

2. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

Yes, you need to buy the Amazon package well before your expiration date.

The box contains a code, and a link to activate. If you currently have a MM account, the code is applied at the end of your current term and your card is not charged.

3. homeshire thread starter macrumors regular

thanks broadcastdoc

i'll check into it further now.