Buying MPr Online vs Pick Up In Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by D.Tran11, Jul 22, 2015.

1. D.Tran11 macrumors newbie

I am debating whether to purchase a MacBook Pro Retina online through the Apple Store or purchase it online but pick it in store.

I have a Barclay Apple Rewards Card and once I purchase this MBPr, I'll have enough points to redeem a Apple Gift Card.

My question is, if I purchase it online, I know I won't get charged until it ships out. But if I purchase it online but choose to pick it up in store, will I get charged right away for the full amount (not "Pending" but the actual full amount)? I need my reward points ASAP so I'm clueless on which process is faster to acquire them.

Thanks!

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

If you choose the pick up in store option it will put the pending charge but all credit cards show as pending for up to 3 business days.

3. D.Tran11 thread starter macrumors newbie

When will I actually get the charge though if I pick it up in store? Do I get the charge when I pick it up and they scan it?

4. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I think it says pending until you sign for it at the store. At least that was how it worked when I picked up my MBP a couple weeks ago.

5. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

If you need your rewards ASAP, Then get it at the store. It will have the charge go through the quickest.

6. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

I forgot to add. Keep in mind. Barclay wont send you the rewards till your next cycle. At least that's how it happened for me. I have it set to mail me a card and the card was not mailed till my next cycle. This honestly makes sense for them since people could buy a expensive Mac, get the gift card that once its issued is like cash and cant be taken away, then return the Mac. Either way your probably going to have to wait a while. You should call Barclay though and ask them how long it takes to get the card. But they told me the next billing cycle.

7. D.Tran11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton Cuniac!