Buying my first iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigkidnafe, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bigkidnafe macrumors newbie

hello to all the macrumors community, im new to the forums and needed some advice on the iphone as i am going to be a new owner of one (better late then never)

I did a search but could not find the specific info i needed so i figuered it warrented a new thread.

I am getting a iphone in the coming days so to prepare myself before hand, i need some advice (please be kind, im new)

1. I along with my sister and gf, are getting the iphone, now would it be better to create one account rather then three individuals so then we can all share the apps we purchased?

2. is syncing our phones to indvidual itunes account the only way one can share apps?

Finally my main question
    By syncing your iphone to a another persons account to share their apps do you loose your contact, calander, emails and gain theres? if so is there a way around that?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, when you sync with another library you lose alot of your stuff.
    You can log out of your itunes account on your phone and then log in to their itunes account and download the apps that they already purchased thru the phones appstore app.
    Not thru itunes.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yeah but when those people sync their iPhone back to their computers, they lose everything that they got from a different account.