Buying my first Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jsbarone, May 15, 2007.

  1. jsbarone macrumors regular

    May 8, 2007

    I've finally decided to make the switch, so I've been waiting for the last four months or so for Apple to revise the Macbook line. They did so today, but I'm sad to say that I am the tiniest bit underwhelmed at the update. I was hoping for Santa Rosa.

    This isn't to say that the current Macbook doesn't meet my needs---It does as far as everything goes with the exception of the graphics hardware. My question is this:

    Should I hold out for WWDC and see if Apple releases a MBP in my price range? If not, what are the odds of Apple releasing the Santa Rosa Platform/LED Screen in the Macbook in the next 6 months?

    I've already waited so long that I'm just about ready to pounce on the newly revised Macbook. I'd really appreciate some advice.
  2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816


    Apr 25, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Just curious, but what's your price range? If you're looking for a mbp that costs around a high end macbook, you're probably not going to get your wish.
  3. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a


    Jul 8, 2005
    The Macbook Pros aren't going to drop in price and if they do it will be like 50 bucks.

    Spring for the Macbook, there's nothing wrong with this update besides the lack of video hardware and unless your a hardcore gamer, you'll be fine :).
  4. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular

    May 8, 2007
    I'm thinking of spending around $1500, but have come to the realization that for a good, long lasting machine, I'll probably need to spend $1700. I like both machines quite a bit.

    I think I'd be willing to spend the money on a Santa Rosa/LED MBP if/when they come out around WWDC. The real question is, will they?
  5. Draythor macrumors 6502


    Sep 12, 2006
    Exeter University, UK
    The update in The new(ish) iMacs was followed up very quickly with the switch to intel. I would hold out if possible...
  6. Eraserhead macrumors G4


    Nov 3, 2005
    I think they'll update the MBP soon, apart from the graphics it's not a lot better than the high end MB's (in some cases, like the RAM it's actually worse), I'd expect an update at WWDC.
  7. jsbarone thread starter macrumors regular

    May 8, 2007
    I'll wait then. I'd kick myself hard if I bought today, and then at WWDC Apple came out with LED Screens and Santa Rosa. Thanks for the advice.

Share This Page