Buying my first MBP 15" today, which bag to get for it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarkSTi04, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MarkSTi04 macrumors regular

I gonna be buying the MBP today and I want to protect it when I take it places. I had a cheap Wal-Mart bag for my old lap top but it didn't protect it well. What's peoples favorate bag to use? I like back packs but I don't know of a really good one. Help?

2. MunnyGuy macrumors member

3. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I have a Wenger Maxxum Backpack, and it's great for protecting the laptop while traveling and commuting. I use this because I also have to get a lot of stuff whenever I commute, and the maxxum has plenty of space for everything.

My wife uses a Targus Sport Backpack, which while still has plenty of room (not as much as the Maxxum, though), is much more svelte.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I really hate the "just search" responses, but in this case, it's pretty valid. There are A LOT of discussions about various great bags you can get for your macbook. Do some searches and you'll get a pretty good idea.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Using MRoogle to search the forums will many times reveal threads related to your question that the standard forum search misses. You may find your answer in one of those.

6. titaniummd macrumors member

7. MarkSTi04 thread starter macrumors regular

What about the Oakley Bag that apple sells on-line in there store? Its kinda pricey, but if it holds to the price and the name it should be good. Anything I buy I would want to look it over in person.

Thanks for the help.

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Wenger-Carbon Backpack-its pretty much amazing-picked it up @ an apple store-just looked more useful than one of those other skinny ones