Buying my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NiKeZz, Oct 21, 2010.

1. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I'm buying my first iPhone next month and signing up for my first plan, i plan to protect my investment in every way knowing all the problems that can occur with iphones. What should i consider with the purchase of my iphone such as warranty's, cases, screen protectors... Thanks ahead of time. :D

2. Lauting macrumors member

Can't go wrong with Powersupport screen protectors, their the best in the business in my opinion.

I haven't got a case apart from the front & back powersupport protectors and have no issues with signal at all.

:)

3. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

Idk i just keep hearing about all the problems with the screens still cracking. Would you recommend the OtterBox.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just be careful with it. Lot of people who complained about cracked screens are usually those who refuse to put on a case/protector or are careless and clumsy. If you're looking for the utmost protection then Otterbox is the way to go. Very bulky but will protect your phone better than any other case out there. You can get cheap knock off versions off eBay for like $5 if you wanted to get one to test it out. I have one and it works great as I've dropped my phone a couple times already with zero damage.

5. mattydee87 macrumors regular

I got my iPhone yesterday and got an OtterBox commuter, which is not as bulky as the OtterBox defender and really love it and even protects the ports on the phone as well from rain etc

6. Windacintosh macrumors newbie

I have an Incipio NGP on mine, this one to be exact:

http://www.amazon.com/Semi-Rigid-So...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1287682599&sr=8-1

And I'd say it's a pretty good bargain considering it comes with a screen protector. Case feels very sturdy and also looks good. Plus it says "impact resistant" right on the package, so it must be good! :D

BTW I liked the screen protector for a few weeks...but ended up picking up a PowerSupport Anti-Glare HD at the Apple store a few days ago. While it might affect the retina display a tiny bit, I'd say it's worth it since it shields the screen from scratches/fingerprints. My fingers glide so smoothly with this awesome screen protector.

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I would only recommend the Otterbox Defender if you plan to be rugged with it. I use mine when I take it on National Guard drill weekends.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Agreed. I have a Defender and I've tried to use it as a daily case, but I only make it through one day and then switch to a much slimmer case. Case wise I would recommend the Speck HD Pixelskin.

9. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

Well i guess i should get the otter box then because i beat the hell out of my current phone lol I've been through 7 in 6 months. not my fault tho, the software keeps fkn up.. ;)

10. Zcott macrumors 68020

I keep mine naked and am just careful with it. I don't baby it, but it doesn't go in the same pocket as coins or keys.