Buying my son an iPod touch, can he have my apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jabingla2810, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I have an iphone with loads of games and apps, and my son is loves playing on them.

He's got to the age when I think he could have an ipod touch, but how do I make sure he will have all my apps?

Will itunes allow me to sync apps accross multiple devices that use the same account details?

Will my apps then not be able to sync onto my iphone?

What steps do I take when I first plug in my ipod later today?

Thanks a lot for any help :)

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Yes.

No, your apps will appear on both devices.

Plug it in, register it, and let it sync. It'll copy everything to it, just like it does right now with your iPhone.

No prob. :)

3. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

It's fine, as long as it's tethered to the same iTunes account, he can run everything in your iTunes library.

Just plug it in, Give it a recognisable name like 'Johns iPod Touch' and the apps in your library will be available to be added.

M. :D

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Be careful though, as he will have access to your app store and the purchasing rights that go with it. To prevent this, go to (Settings > Store > Sign Out) if he doesn't know your account password. If he does, go to (Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps > Off). While you're at that menu, you can also set limits on his web and YouTube usage, his iTunes and App Store usage, his location usage to certain apps, and what ratings of certain media he is allowed to play.

Hope this helps,

Slippy

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I posted this earlier but i havent got a response yet, if i were to sync my ipod to my computer and make a account, would i be able to download data on my ipod from a friends computer? What would i have to do if this is possible? Would i just sign into my account on both computers? Thanks for any help.:)