buying new bag for MBP 15inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FCA, Dec 21, 2007.

1. FCA macrumors member

FCA

I need to buy a bag for my MBP, which one would you guys recommend, which the following requeriements:
    1.to not look bulky
    2.to have a shoulder strap and handle
    3.to be black
    4.to have enough room for some little things as a notebook, some pens, ipod and other stuff...not too many
    5.don't be more expensive than $80
    I been searching all over internet for the perfect one, and because Im very tired I stoped after looking this two...
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=7E4EB91E&nplm=TP539ZM/A
    and this one http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...es/notebook_cases&nplm=TL997LL/A&mco=B7B20F69

which one you would recommend? or maybe you can recommend another one from personal experience...
    thanks in advance for the help people!

-FCA

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Brenthaven makes some great bags. I am in the same boat cause I just got a job that requires me to travel 95% of the time. So where I go the mac goes.

I bump the post

3. dengar169 macrumors member

bag

I have a Tumi laptop case. I love it! I do a lot of video editing and various other things on the road. This bag has a lot of little pockets and what not to let me store cables etc. It also has a sleeve the laptop fits in that is removable for those days I just want to carry it around. Build quailty is outstanding. Hope that helps

4. Dr. Bombay macrumors member

I have the Oakley Vertical Bag and like it quite a bit. I find that I prefer the vertical bags to the horizontal ones.

[​IMG]

Check out this for more information: http://oakley.ca/pd/3110

5. swami16 macrumors newbie

6. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

7. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Adobe Messenger Bag. It may be a bit too bulky for you, but its the ultimate laptop bag, as far as I'm concerned.

8. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

9. bdgdoom macrumors member

i have the Brenthaven you first posted for under $50. just take your time and search for it. It's a great bag.i've accidentally dropped it many times and my mbp is still trucking.

10. soms macrumors 6502

soms

2nded
    that or Chrome, they make stylish cool looking cheap cases/bags too

11. FCA thread starter macrumors member

FCA

first of all, thanks for all of your replies guys! I'm thankfull!

I like it but haven't heard about the quality of the brand...is it real good that if I fall down, the MBP will survive for sure?

wow, really, is that good? I think I'm buying that one...if you have a link to a good online store with a better price I wouldn't get mad :)

screensaver400, the Adobe website is not working when you try to order and I suspect this maybe be (as the Oakley bag) around $200, which I don't have for a bag!

I think I'm in reaching my conclusion with those two I first posted...which again will decide if I buy a Brenthaven or a Incase...what are the differnces really? which the best brand?
    again, thanks to everyone!

-FCA

12. Dr. Bombay macrumors member

The Oakley bag is about $90 - I think I paid slightly less when Oakley had a sale going on.

13. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Take in consideration that Brenthaven come with a lifetime warranty. And if your plan to stick with the future 15" models, that you are pretty much set for life with that bag.

As I stated in my last reply, I'm looking for a bag as well but thinking of deciding on the Brenthaven. I owned one for my 15" powerbook before selling both and it was awesome.

14. Swagfndr macrumors newbie

I have this one and a messenger bag from Tumi. the Tumi was more expensive normally but I bought it with Delta miles. They are both great bags but the Tumi holds more so is heavier. I actually switch back and forth between them depending on what show I am working and what junk I need to have other than the computer.

Hope this helps,