Buying new iMac, have questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mopje, Mar 7, 2009.

1. mopje macrumors newbie

I'm going to be buying one of the new iMacs in a couple hours and many of the things that I will be doing on it require me to have Windows. I know I can just use Bootcamp and Im going to have to buy a new copy of Windows too. So..

Should I buy Vista, or Xp? Either one works for my needs, and ideally I would rather spend less money on XP.

Are there any issues that I may encounter when using Bootcamp?

I like to play a lot of PC games and thats another reason why I wanna have Windows, how do the new iMacs do with gaming? I just got Empire: Total War and I want it to run smoothly.

Thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

How about Windows 7 BETA? Almost same as a Vista but lighter and better and it's free too ;)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Get Vista 64-bit if you don't want to play around with the Windows 7 Beta. Not to mention you'll have to dig for a key. The Release Candidate should be out soon as well.

4. mopje thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the responses, but I'm still not sure what youre talking about. I now have my iMac, and want to get Windows the cheapest way possible. I dont care what version it is as long at is the cheapest and it will be able to handle my PC games.

Thanks Again.