Buying new IPAD.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by martymar112, Jun 11, 2012.

1. martymar112 macrumors member

I am thinking about buying a new IPAD i am going over seas the end of this year and i want it for the trip. I will also use it for studying and work. Should i buy the 3 now or is the 4 coming out soon? thanks for the help?

2. doboy macrumors 68000

iPad 4 won't be out until next spring. However, there may be a ~7" iPad later this year if rumor is correct.

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

As the previous poster mentioned the 4 won't be out until Spring of next year. If you need one now buy the iPad 3 or a refurb iPad 2.

4. ManUMark macrumors member

I have a 1 and 3 and the difference is vast. The 3 as everyone knows has the Retina screen superfast processor and quality camera. I don't know what will be included in the next model but I am sure it will be minor. The 3 has way surpassed my expectations and doubt if I will look to update untill a big leap In tech.

If its in stock it's obsolete.

5. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Don't wait. Just get the best "the New iPad" that you can get. It's well worht it for the Retina display alone.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

The CPU in both the iPad 2 and 3 are the same. The A5X in the iPad 3 is there just to support the higher resolution of the retina display. Performance wise it's a wash between the iPad 2 and 3.

7. imeth macrumors regular

What the?? you said you going the end of year overseas yet needing a tablet to play with and knowing iPad 4 won't be out till Spring 13..