Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jota73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
South America
I own a really old Ipod.. I haven´t upgraded as I was waiting some major add ons on the ipod... hte video is fair enough.. .but now that I am about to buy one, dont know if i should wait some months more... rumors says that on december a new ipod would be in the market... could that be possible?

Would it be worth the wait?

abeyk

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
No creo que valla a salir uno nuevo en diciembre porque acaba de salir un update para el 5G iPod, pero si puede que salga el 'true video ipod' en 2007 (si no te importa la espera). Si no te interesa el video tanto, yo digo que el 5G iPod esta bien.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
abeyk said:
No creo que valla a salir uno nuevo en diciembre porque acaba de salir un update para el 5G iPod, pero si puede que salga el 'true video ipod' en 2007 (si no te importa la espera). Si no te interesa el video tanto, yo digo que el 5G iPod esta bien.

English?

Widget translaer-_ no fence of the one that of the create a iPod of the THE 5G of paragraph of the update of because finish leave a of the December of the in of the new of the one of the leave, in 2007 of the ' ipod video true ' of the THE ONE of the leave of the

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
jota73@hotmail. said:
I own a really old Ipod.. I haven´t upgraded as I was waiting some major add ons on the ipod... hte video is fair enough.. .but now that I am about to buy one, dont know if i should wait some months more... rumors says that on december a new ipod would be in the market... could that be possible?

Would it be worth the wait?
No one knows when the new iPods are coming out. Do you own a pre-3G iPod? If so, I'd say upgrade. If not, stick with it and wait it out. Video isn't a must-have feature unless you're in that niche group... games are kind of lame... but color GUI and larger GB is nice, and of course improved battery life is a plus..

Basically, it's hard to say and it depends if you would find the non-music features of the newer iPods worth while.

Macanadian

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006
BC
new Ipod

Are you using the old Ipod every day? Personally, I have a 3rd gen 10 gig ipod. I am willing to wait until next year for a new one. Since I only really use it for my long road trips (one/two weeks). But I will get a Nano for running.

Since you have an older ipod, it seems like you don't mind too much of owning an older model. Or you would be buying the new one off the shelf as soon it hits the store and then sell off the old one right away.

irregardless

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
all around you
Until a couple weeks ago, I was running a 15gb 3rd-generation ipod. As a music play, it worked just fine. The new features weren't really enough to get me to upgrade, but the 80gb hard drive was. Now that I have a new one, I love the UI enhancements: better typeface, brighter screen, more lines of text and scrolling track/album names (for the long ones).

And i didn't think i'd be stoked for the video that much, but for me, it is great for "throw away" shows, like the Daily Show and Colbert Report, that don't lose much from not being on a large screen.

But as the usual upgrade dilemma goes: Would a new iPod today benefit you more than a future model would, considering there's no telling when said future model will materialize and what its feature will be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.