Buying new LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by regdude, Jul 30, 2011.

1. regdude macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I kinda broke my LCD and now there is water behind the screen, now I see weird patterns on my screen when the LCD is turned on (like dirt spots, only they are white and still show the picture), tried to dry it out, but no change, so probably will need a new LCD.
    I couldn't find in google that all LCDs from MacBook work, found that you should only replace to LCD from a MacBook from the same year (didn't say anything about early, mid, late).
    I removed the LCD to get some numbers and found the model - N133I1-L01 Rev C1
    Found also the serial number of my 13.3" MacBook and found that the MacBook is manufactured in 2006.
    So my question is, can I buy any LCD or I need specific one, if so, which?

2. regdude thread starter macrumors newbie

"All 13.3" MacBooks (excluding MacBook Unibody and MacBook Air)"
    so that means I can buy any LCD for MacBooks, right?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It means you can buy any Macbook LCD for a Macbook. You cannot buy any old 13.3" LCD, it won't have the proper connections.

4. regdude thread starter macrumors newbie

What indicated that the LCD is the old model?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Let me rephrase my previous post: You cannot buy any 13.3" LCD you happen to find, it won't have the proper connections. You must buy one made for a 13.3" Macbook.

6. regdude thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, thats how you meant it. But really I can buy any LCD which is made to work with MacBook for my 2006 MacBook, LCD can be any model (for MacBook of course) and from any year, except I can't buy LED monitors, right? Sorry if you think this is a dumb question, but I called one repair-man and asked about prices, he said original LCD 200$ with replacing, chinese one - 120$ and this keeps wondering if really any LCD that I can find on ebay for MacBooks will work on my MacBook.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Possibly any LCD would work. The site I linked to before, ifixit.com, is very reputable in selling real Apple parts. So I you get stuck or confused, they'll sell you a real OEM Apple one.