Buying new mac in a few months...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by surfnode, Aug 27, 2013.

1. surfnode macrumors member

surfnode

Hi,

I am hoping to finally get a new mac in a few months time - currently I have a late 2008 Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz C2D, 4gb ram which I have been maintaining since I bought it, replacing CPU fans and installing SSD etc.

My budget is not incredibly high and am not looking to sell my MBP as gonna let the wife use that to replace her cruddy windows 7 HP laptop.

I mainly do desk work and have recently replaced my laptop battery as it was completely dead - mainly from being plugged in constantly.

I am thinking either the Quad Core i7 Mac Mini or Macbook Air - obviously its something I want to leave plugged in all the time and am not sure whether the Macbook Air battery would get affected as much in the safe way if left plugged into the mains constantly? As I know some laptop batteries have recently changed where when they have reached 100% charge they will not accept any more incoming power and therefore not weaken the battery.

Main Applications of use, Adobe CS5, Logic Pro.

Any helpers/advice would be useful.

Thanks.

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Ok, the Airs were.....

just updated. Big thing in the new generation is battery life and power management. Update to the MacBook Pros is more hard to guess out. Sure thing, IMHO, will be first semester of 2014. So, hold out as long as you can, see how the current Mac portables are faring on performance and real battery life.....

:):apple: