Buying new MBP, apple care advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lowteg, Jun 13, 2007.

1. lowteg macrumors newbie

Hi
    I recently decided to get the base model Macbook Pro over the macbooks and I have a few questions. I might occasionally hook up my mbp to my 24" WS LCD at home and was wondering if 128mb of GPU ram was OK to run? Im thinking that games might not run smoothly...

I wanted to get apple care with my mbp but since cash is tight right now can I purchase my mbp now and then within the next year of course by the applecare for it? Also, Can I buy the apple care from ebay or someone on this site? how does that work?

Does anyone know if I will have problems using a coupon code from the net If I bought it at the physical store?

So what do you guys think...its taken me a while to decide on this but i decided over the macbook because I like to occasionally game and wanted that option available...its a big jump in price but I'm going to take advantage of the free ipod and printer deal so I save a bit:) can't wait!

Thanks in advance!!

2. wgkealey macrumors member

applecare is cheaper on ebay and can be purchased within the first year. Also check your credit card (if you're paying with one)as they may double the warranty. A free 2 year warranty is a great deal, much more worthwhile than apple care in my opinion.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

When you game, you will just want to use one screen with 128 vram. Yes, AppleCare can be purchased within the first year, and from wherever you want. Just be careful of scams. I will probably be buying mine through educational discount.

4. msharpmu macrumors regular

I just did this whole thing yesterday. Wanted a mac. Upgraded to the MBP. Did not buy applecare. Took advantage of student discount, free ipod, and printer. Great computer for a great deal. My plan is to get applecare in amount 9 months.