Buying new MBP from Amazon over Apple store ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kahine, Dec 3, 2008.

1. kahine macrumors regular

Any reason not to - ? It seems much cheaper currently with rebate -

I guess I am just wondering as have never bought a computer from Amazon - this is directly from Amazon also not a reseller through them

Any major pro's/ cons from buying Amazon vs Apple

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

I've used Amazon for 2 or 3 Mac purchases and haven't had any problems. Their rebates are nice. :)

Buying from Apple, you're eligible for a $100 printer rebate, and in the very off chance your new Mac has a problem right when you receive it, they'll swap you out for a new one (assuming you didn't get a custom config). With Amazon, you'd have to wait for the new one to be shipped, then you'd have to ship the old one back.

I'd do whichever one is a better financial deal for you. :)

3. six.four macrumors 6502

+1

Amazon is my favorite online retailer.

4. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Did you shop MacMall yet, they have some really healthy deals.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

always

I always buy from AMZN for these items, I love their return policies, ease and no charge return shipping. also, their pricing is usually within 50$ of the lowest online, and the rebates require no UPC or other processing tricks. They arrive in about 30 days too.

6. kahine thread starter macrumors regular

So if there is something wrong with it will Amazon exchange it ?

That was the one concern holding me back - as in if it arrives and has major issues is the only option to return it and take the restocking fee or will they let me exchange for another exactly the same

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

yes

I have exchanged a couple items with AMZN, very easy. An imac that the FANS just stayed on, and a MBP when the price dropped 100$. They took the MBP unopened back and shipped a new one. It was a dumb exchange for them, but it worked out.

8. OmahaGTP macrumors member

Just got mine from MacMall today. Ordered at 6 PM Monday. Shipped 11 PM that night.

It's really cold from the UPS trucks, I'm letting it kind of get to room temp before I mess around with it. (Stupid, I know)

+1 for MacMall (at least so far).

So excited! :D:apple::p