Buying new rMPB - Best option?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duke5021, May 13, 2013.

1. duke5021 macrumors newbie

Hi guys- my work is getting ready to purchase me a new rMPB. I currently have a 13.3 Air, so getting a rMBP seems to be only a little jump in weight.

My question is who has the best deal going right now on the rMBP 13.3 model? I'm still trying to configure it, but want to see who has the best pricing before I make the jump. Any coupon codes active?

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Macmall has some pretty good deals on the 2012 models, which are almost identical to the early 2013 models.

4. Autrement macrumors regular

Plus AppleInsider has a coupon code APPINSDRMWB38717 that can be used for an additional 3% off at MacMall. I think it's good until May 30 or 31.

Of course you know that we may get an announcement about Retina 2nd Gen in less than a month, but the third party deals on MacMall and the like are pretty good right now, plus if your work is paying for it... get it now if you need it.

5. duke5021 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help guys... I tried that code but it doesn't seem to be working for me?

I know about the new models, but to be honest, I'm not a super techy that will know the difference or really use the machine for other than emails / presentations.

6. Autrement macrumors regular

Ah, this might only apply to models that have an asterisk* by them in the AppleInsider Price Guide... Otherwise, I'm not sure.

appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/#

7. duke5021 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I think so... Doesn't seem to be working...

More of a tech question here now... I'm trying to decide between the 2.5 i5 processor or the 2.9 i7. Is there enough of a difference speed wise between the two model to justify buying?

Again I'm just using it for basic everyday email, web surfing type stuff.

8. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

If it's just for basic stuff then just go with i5, you don't need anything more unless you're going to be rendering or compiling stuff a lot.