Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Buying now or wait

MrMoris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2015
20
1
Hey,

I have no iMac right now and I am considering buying a new one though I am not in a rush, do you think there's going to be a new iMac released soon? or upgrade?

Thank you,
 

Glmnet1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2017
961
1,066
WWDC is in less than two weeks so I think you should wait and see if they release a new one. If they do it might have the new 6 core CPUs from Intel.

I decided to wait until October and if they still didn't refresh it I'll reconsider my options.
 

shaunp

Cancelled
Nov 5, 2010
1,811
1,395
might as well wait given how close WWDC is. Then look at the spec and it might be worth your while to get one of the current models either discounted or as a refurb - i.e. decide whether you need the latest kit or if you want to save some money
 

bent00

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2012
35
10
I'd wait until after WWDC just in case, but I see the current iMac line as in sort of a sweet spot. Finally plenty of graphics power to drive all of those pixels, 4 cores is plenty for my productivity, super fast ssd speeds, USB 3 & Thunderbolt 3 connectivity. I see the next few upgrades as being incremental, and maybe not all that soon. And they're old enough to be in the refurb store for your 15% discount!
 
  • Like
Reactions: OddyOh and shaunp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.