Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Ok so the sale time is 6pm local time.

I live in Florida does this mean even if I bought it from the Apple Store Online I have to wait til 6pm?

Will they not continue selling it online if the allocation for online iphones runs out? I dont want to buy it then find out sorry its out you gotta wait.

I just want to make sure I am in time to buy this thing online since I doubt I can make it to a store to try to get one in person since I work til 5pm EST :/

Thanks guys!

rSm00th

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I'm pretty sure it was stated that the online store opens at 6pm Pacific, or 9pm Eastern. West Coast > *

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
I'm pretty sure it was stated that the online store opens at 6pm Pacific, or 9pm Eastern. West Coast > *

Well thats ok as long as they dont sell me something online that is no longer in stock, I would assume they would have an online count for allotment available.

I am hoping I get one of these things :D

rSm00th

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Well thats ok as long as they dont sell me something online that is no longer in stock, I would assume they would have an online count for allotment available.

I am hoping I get one of these things :D

That's what everyone is hoping for: lots and lots of iPhones to go around :D

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
My guess is that they will still take orders, but if they surpass the supply, then they might notify you that it is backordered and will take longer to arrive.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Assuming Apple got a large supply and not a PS3/Wii supply, they'll have inventory waiting to get redistributed. It's difficult to really predict demand, and you don't want a glut sitting in Topeka when they could be sold somewhere else. It wouldn't be surprising if they tell everyone who can't get on Friday to just go online where they can better meet the demand.

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah I mean I cant really justify waiting in a huge line for this. I am not the type of person to do that kind of thing and possibly still not get it.

I think Apple had said they would have plenty made so I am hoping even IF i wait I dont have to wait long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.